Wednesday, February 11, 2004

SERENITY NOW!!!!

Today has been another one of those days. We got the dryer to working yesterday. I am quite pleased with it. The washing machine is from hell and I am having Satan's minions come and get it in the morning as I am quite tired of dealing with it. The "repair man" (and I use the term loosely) has been here three different times, and the washer still leaks. So, I will get another one and keep my fingers crossed that it works properly. Actually, I am going to see if I can get my Mamaw's old washing machine from back home here and see if it works and if not what needs to be done to get it that way. It would be cheaper than buying another one and it worked fine when it was put into storage. It's just the logistics of moving it 60someodd miles. Hopefully, worth it in the long run and not moved that far just to go into the junk heap. Think positive! I sometimes have a problem doing that. Inherent pessimism and all that. There is a saying that I try to keep in mind. "I was sad because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet." Generally, there is always someone who is in a worse situation than you are. I learned a long time ago not to ask what else could go wrong. And, it could always be worse. It has been worse. Not THE worst, but I've had some pretty bad times. But, all one can do it live through them and hopefully learn and become stronger for them. Still, they can get you down when you don't ever have a break from them. When one thing after another happens, and many things at once are happening. I'm gonna whine about it again. I need a vacation. I guess we could all use one though. I am in a better mood than I was the other day. Like I said, when I am in a pissy mood, EVERYTHING pisses me off. Even stuff I am generally not going to get pissed about. I have learned to have compassion. To always give the benefit of the doubt. But, I am also an inherent worrier. No matter who it is. If someone doesn't call, I fear the worst. In a barditch somewhere, etc. It's usually not the case, but it has been known to be. So, there's that and the whole being considerate thing. Anyways... I ramble on.
Someone just mentioned V-day. I think I'll kick him.

No comments: