Monday, October 27, 2003

Short takes



When the heart just won't cooperate
With what the mind says is right.
When you're torn apart by the internal fight
and you have nowhere left to turn
and you don't know where to go...
you just have to realize that you're the only one to know.
No one else can give you the answers that you are trying to seek
and no one can question the answers that you finally meet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another time, another place,
Another me finding my space.
In this life there are many roads
The problem is where do they go?
You choose a direction, but in the end
You find that you just really can't blend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you finally have your way straight
When the road you're traveling on finds another break.
It's a never-ending journey with many stops along the way.
You think you're going in the right direction,
When all of a sudden there's a dead end, detour or a completely different way to go,
and you realize you're just not certain you're reading the map right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I alone
have the power
to change the course of my life.

I alone
have the desire
to make my life a different one.

I alone
am scared to death
of what my life has become.

I alone
know the dark feelings
that course through the jumble of my mind.

I don't want to be alone.

No comments: