Thursday, October 09, 2003

I want my mommy.

I had to go to the doctor today to find out why my hormones and stuff are all out of whack, and of course they had to stick a large, sharp object in my arm and gouge it about. I've been having some allergy symptoms for the last few days. As usual this time of year. I love the change of seasons, but I get sick every time. And today when I came home from the doc, I could feel it comin on. The burning lungs. Flushed skin. The large object lodged in your throat, quite possibly a tumor. The coated tongue. Next thing you know you have a full-blown case of the Plague.
As far back as I can remember, when somebody got sick either my Mamaw or my Momma would cook up a big ol' pot of Pink Soup. To this day, when I am sick that's what I want. And when Momma's close enough, that's what I get. It's a sure-fire cure all. Sure, I could go in there and cook some myself; but, that isn't the same thing. I guess I'll go get me a hunk of cheese to go with this whine.

No comments: