Thursday, October 09, 2003

Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene I'm beggin' of you please don't take my man

It flitted through my mind for some reason the other day how much I have always liked Dolly Parton, yet don't listen to her unless she happens to be on the TV or the radio. Of course, since I don't listen to country radio that doesn't happen. She was on Jay Leno tonight and it reminded me that I really should start listening to her more. Anyone who knows me knows that while I am NOT a fan of country music, my tastes are very diverse. I won't exclude (thanks, D) anyone simply due to the genre of music they are in. There is country that I like. I love bluegrass, the blues, gospel and good old rock and roll. I could go on listing but you get the idea. Everything from Rachmaninoff to Rammstein. However, there are many musicians who slip through the cracks of my mind. Last week, there was a tune niggling at the back of my head. It teased me and teased me for days on end. Finally, one night I wracked my brain and finally managed to get hold of it. It's a great 80s hit that has a timeless appeal. Go here to check out the tune (click on Sound Library/Video clips) or here for the lyrics to Billy Vera and the Beaters "At This Moment".

No comments: