A list of 100 things regarding oneself seems to be the blogger thing to do. So, I figure I better get me one of em started. Good thing I am a purty good fabricator. Funny coinkydink, today when I visited Jett Superior her post was about just that... how hard it is to come up with all that stuff about oneself. Go check it out. This is going to be an ongoing post.. I'll work on it when I have time or come up with some lies... err facts to post about meself.
A Hunnerd Thangs
1. I was born Wednesday, July 14, 1971.
2. Why, yes... I am from Texas! How did you guess??
3. I've lived here all my life; but, I have always wanted to move to Louisiana, Mississippi, or points farther South (ok, technically east).
4. I am not a morning person. (or afternoon or evening, depending on when I am awakened)
5. I've been that way since I was a small child. I would stay up all night and then when my Momma would wake me up to go to school, I'd go into the bathroom and lock the door and fall asleep on the floor.
6. I have an above average IQ. But, when I was in the 5th grade I had the teacher from hell and decided I hated school and was never going to do any good at it. I somehow managed to succeed at that and yet graduated from high school and went on to take college courses. My opinion has changed drastically in the following years and I plan to finish my education.
7. When I was in the 4th grade, I spent a month in the hospital after I had an appendectomy and got a staph infection. They opened and closed the site four times before finally leaving it open to heal. I went home with a gaping wound and had to take baths in Tide. I have a four inch ugly scar to this day.
8. I got out of the hospital a couple of weeks before Halloween. That year I went trick or treating dressed as the Fat Farmer. In my Daddy's overalls stuffed with pillows. With boots that were too big. We went in my mom's best friends station wagon with a bunch of kids. I had to ride in the back and roll out at each stop and then roll back in later down the block. One stop I didn't roll in fast enough and was almost halfway in and they took off and I was left standing there. Fortunately, they came back for me. After a while.
9. Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorite holidays now.
10. My favorite season is Fall. I love the smell of the air and the turning of the leaves and the cold weather coming on.
11. Fall means football season! I love football, have watched it with my Daddy since I was a little girl.
12. I also got a great love of cars from my Daddy.
13. I have a big nose, I got that from both sides of the family. But, it's mine, I'll keep it.
14. My feet are a size 10 and 1/2.
15. My eyes are gold around the pupil, blue-green in the middle and a dark blue-grey ring around the outside. They change color with my emotions. If they are bright green... watch yourself.
16. I am tone deaf and can't carry a tune in a bucket; but, I have a great love of music and am very attracted to musically inclined men.
17. My listening tastes range from classical to thrash metal, touching on everything in between.
18. I want a man who can sing to me (without me cringing).
19. I have a long list of what I am looking for in a man. Yes, written down.
20. I am a big list-maker.
21. I am good at losing them.
22. I love books. I'll read just about anything I can get my hands on.
23. I read Gone With the Wind for the first time when I was 13.
24. And Mandingo. And many, many other trashy novels.
25. I want a big ol' Southern house with a library. Painted red with dark wood. (the library not the house)
26. I have a real thang for a man with a Southern accent. (Yes, that is on the list.)
27. My love for all things Southern goes way back. I think it was all those bodice-ripping Civil War novels.
28. I'm a very good cook.
29. But, not of "haute cuisine". My specialty is "down home".
30. The smell of lilacs takes me back "home".
31. I spent my 21st birthday in Las Vegas.
32. I ate calamari for the first time in a fancy Italian restaurant there and had an anaphylactic reaction.
33. I am allergic to numerous things. Calamari (obviously), Penicillin, Sulfa, Macrodantin, and several other drugs.
34. When I was about 8 years old we were visiting my Granny Geneva. She had a large Magnolia tree in her front yard. I had never seen one and was fascinated by it. I plucked me a big, glossy, fragrant bloom and walked around sniffing it. After a while, I started to feel kind of funny and couldn't breathe so good so I went to tell my Momma and when I walked in the door both of them freaked out. My face and neck were grotesquely swollen and I was covered in red spots. Epinephrine is my friend.
35. I started smoking, drinking and getting high when I was about 13. Many years of this ensued until when I was 23 I started having allergic reactions to pot. Pot is not my friend.
36. I quit smoking, too.
37. I will still enjoy the occasional drink, but not to excess.
38. I was arrested once for Driving While Intoxicated. Funny thing is.... it was the ONE time that I wasn't. They let me go.
39. I once fell out of my car into the street when a police officer pulled me over for suspected DWI. He let me go, too.
40. I've been involved in hanky panky in the front seat of a police car. No, it was not to get out of a ticket.
41. Starbuck's Mocha Malt Frappuccinos contain crack.
42. I want to travel the world. France, Great Britain, parts of Europe, Africa, New Zealand are a few places I want to see.
43. When I was in high school, I took French so that when I found a man who made all the checks on my list and got married and he whisked me off on our honeymoon to Paris I would know what people were saying.
44. The man I did marry didn't make all the checks and he didn't whisk me off to Paris.
45. I am still looking.
46. I don't want the honeymoon in Paris anymore.
47. I want to elope and have a nice, quiet (well, ok, maybe not quiet) honeymoon in a cozy cabin either in the mountains or on the beach.
48. Paris can come later.
49. I do want a beautiful, classic.. even antique wedding ring.
50. I am not one for a lot of jewelry; but, I do want some special pieces.
51. I once received a vacuum cleaner and a breadmaker for Christmas. No, that is not what I asked for. A man who does that is not on the list.
52. A man who will vacuum and make bread is.
53. But, I am old-fashioned that way. I want to stay barefoot and in the kitchen.
54. Notice I didn't say pregnant.
55. I have 3 children.
56. I have also had a hysterectomy.
57. A man who is okay with that is on the list.
58. I would like to have more but that is up to the one in #57.
59. I've had six different surgeries.
60. I have two more pending.
61. One of them is a total bilateral hip replacement.
62. Sometimes I feel 72 instead of 32.
63. But, I am a kid at heart.
64. I love cartoons.
65. Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
66. I read the LOTR waaaay back when.
67. The LOTR Trilogy is one of the few movies made from a book that I actually like.
68. Ok, love.
70. I like Harry Potter, too. Not the books. I want a Gryffindor scarf.
71. I'm a big fan of all things medieval-ish. Be it mythical or historical.
72. I have a small collection of dragons and wizards and would like to make it a big one.
73. I'm a collector of stuff.
74. I love antiques.
75. That big ol' house is going to be filled with them.
76. And the ringing sound of laughter.
77. And yellin', I'm sure.
78. I have a filthy mouth and an extensive vocabulary. No, they aren't all cuss words.
79. My voice is different than most people expect.
80. I have been told I should be a phone sex operator.
81. I have a warped, wicked sense of humor at times.
82. I love British comedy. TV and books.
83. I wish I had a big screen TV and a huge collection of 80s movies.
84. And a couch as big as a boat.
85. I wish I knew all the words to Red Wing and a voice to sing it properly.
86. My grandfather sang that to me when I was a child.
87. I was with him when he died.
88. The day we buried him it was 117 degrees.
89. "Amazing Grace" played on the bagpipes makes me cry.
90. My ancestry is English, Irish, Scottish, German, French and American Indian. I am 100% American.
91. My ancestors on both sides settled in the South before moving to Texas after the Civil War.
92. I'd like to see a dragonfly in amber someday.
93. I am drawn to very old cemeteries.
94. I want to have sex in them.
95. I enjoy sex outdoors. Indoors. I just enjoy sex.
96. I'm not adverse to PDAs.
97. I have taken a vow of celibacy until I find the one with all of the elements.
98. Gawd, I hope that's soon.
99. It will be so worth it.
A hunnerd. That is what it's all about.