Thursday, January 27, 2005

Hometown rant #835

Today I spent 5 hours in the ER. No. There wasn't an emergency. Maddy has strep throat again. Second time in as many months. Why were we at the ER for such a minor thing? Well, that would be because of the 3 minor care clinics in this town one (her until today new regular doc) decided that he wasn't going to see any more walk-ins today ten minutes before we got there after we had already been told we could be seen on the phone, one won't take her insurance (this they tell us after we sit there for 35 minutes waiting to check in. yes, there was hissy fit), and one I refuse to go to because it is staffed by incompetent jackasses. It is really beyond ridiculous when those are the lengths you have to go to for medical care. I guess the Clinics of North Texas are making so much money that they can afford to turn away patients and I guess Dr. Olobia's meeting was much more important than seeing patients. So, we had to overburden the ER staff with minor stuff not to mention the SEVEN hours I spent driving all over town and sitting in clinics to get my puking, feverish, sore throated daughter seen. I'm really fed up with the medical "professionals" in this town.

No comments: