Monday, April 26, 2004

Sunday Brunch

New meme thing since I am far too lazy for any actual content.

Do It Yourself
Would you be able to do these things yourself or have someone do it for you?

1. Fix a flat tire.
2. Fix a tear or make alterations to clothing.
3. Unclog a severely plugged up sink or toilet.
4. Change the oil in your car.
5. Put together an unassembled toy or piece of furniture out of the box.

Yes to all of the above. And then some. My family has made sure to teach me and my brothers along the way to be completely self-sufficient. And I can do anything they can do (and I can do it better nah na nanny boo boo). Well, some of it. heh But, yes, there really isn't much that I can't do for myself except for some of the highly technical/brute strength stuff. I haven't had anyone around to take care of that kind of stuff for the most part so it is nice to be able to rely on myself. It is/would be nice to have someone around to take care of the things I can't. Fortunately, there are people I can call on for the stuff I can't take care of, but it is a rare occasion that I have to. I really feel sorry for these people who aren't able to take care of the day to day stuff. And women who act as if they aren't capable of doing such things annoy me to no end. Yeah, it would be nice to have someone to take care of everything for us, but it isn't realistic for some of us. A good relationship, in my opinion, blends each persons talents and they contribute what they are skilled at, helping each other and maybe learning something along the way.

No comments: