Thursday, December 04, 2003

Check yo'self

In a conversation earlier today, I was saying that one reason I haven't been to the movie theater in many years is because I don't like going by myself. No sooner than the words were out, I was thinking "What?". I do so too enjoy going to the moving by myself! I enjoy going out to eat by myself. I enjoy going shopping by myself. In fact, I have no problem going anywhere by myself. Ok, maybe I do regarding bars or clubs. But, as far as anywhere else is concerned, especially the movie theater, I've never had any qualms about going alone. I have been saying this for many years, however. I think it is due to the fact that I am tired of being alone and I simply want someone to go with. I also think it's somewhat of a cop out, a pat reason why I don't get out and do something when and if given the chance. Isn't it funny how if you say something often enough and long enough, you start to believe it yourself? I have convinced myself of many things that way, in retrospect. I am positive that I am not the only one. I think we all must do it. "This relationship is working/will work." "I enjoy being single." "My ass doesn't look fat in these pants." I'm thinking a re-evaluation of some of the things we have been telling ourselves and others for years is in order.

No comments: