Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I really need to figure out how to do the cut thing

A - Act your age: 33
B - Breast size: 38 C
C - Chore you hate: Mopping
D - Dad's name: Johnny
E - Essential makeup item: lipgloss
F - Favorite singer: hard to pick just one. famous? ryan adams, tom waits, lucinda williams. not famous? john d.
G - Gold or silver: silver
H - Hometown: Graham, TX
I - Instruments you play: does the skin flute count? bwhahaha i'm so mature
J - Job title: Domestic Goddess
K - Kids: Jaron, 9. Maddy, 7. Willa, 3.
L - Living arrangements: me 'n the kids in an apt
M - Mom's name: Anne
N - Number of people you've fallen in love with: real love? 1
O - Overnight hospital stays: 10 or so (longest one = 21 days)
P - Phobia: polyphobia
Q - Quote you like: "Offer them what they secretly want and they of course immediately become panic-stricken." -Jack Kerouac
R - Religious affiliation: Agnostic
S - Siblings: 2 (well ok 3 if we're going to be technical)
T - Time you wake up: it varies. i don't like to wake up early, but with kids i'm forced to
U - Underwear of choice: cotton lowrise bikinis
V - Vegetable you refuse to eat: i'll eat all of them
W - Worst habit: smoking or drinking
X - X-rays you've had: dang. i dunno. i've had every body part x-rayed at least once, some more
Y - Yummy foods you make: everything i make is yummy
Z - Zodiac Sign: Cancer



1. What did you do in 2004 that you've never done before?
Figured out unconditional love

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions. No sense in setting yourself up for failure.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, several people. My father-in-law, my grandmother, an ex-boyfriend and close friend

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Companionship. Financial security.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched on your memory, and why?
I'm really bad with exact dates, but the day my father-in-law died and the day my grandmother died and the day I heard that Brandon died.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it through with my sanity fairly intact. (well, there's still time)

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't really see anything as a failure. It's a learning experience, and you can always try again.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing serious this year, thankfully.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hmm.. I don't buy a lot other than necessities. I guess the only thing I bought that wasn't a necessity and was a great deal was a new Liz Claiborne sweater (gorgeous, hot pink and black stripes) at the Goodwill for 3.99.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My son's.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My youngest daughter's.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills and necessities, as usual.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I don't get that excited about much anymore as I usually end up being disappointed when I do.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Again, hard to pick one. The First Cut is the Deepest - Sheryl Crow (Cat Stevens), Don't Break My Heart Again and Wave on Wave - Pat Green , Something About What Happens When We Talk - Lucinda Williams, Hold On - Tom Waits

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Healthier, somewhat happier

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
heh guess

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
procrastinating

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
with my family and close friends

22. Did you fall in love in 2004? (There was no question 21. Honest.)
Yes

23. How many one-night stands?
none

24. What was your favorite TV program?
I don't watch a lot of TV

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate. It's poisonous and a waste of time and energy.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Time Traveler's Wife

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Michelle Lambert, Iron and Wine

28. What did you want and get?
Hmm.. not much. Through it all I guess.

29. What did you want and not get?
Security.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Calender Girls

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing, sat at home being depressed. I was 33.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Money. Stability.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Vintage thrifty slob

34. What kept you sane?
Oddly enough, my children. They do drive me insane but if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have a reason to go on.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
David Wenham (Faramir in Lord of the Rings, Carl in Van Helsing. Yummy. I have a thing for red hair and he reminds me of John D.)

36. What political issue stirred me the most?
Any of them involving George.

37. Whom did you miss?
My Mamaw, my Papaw, my Aunt Beth

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Kathy

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Learn to be more tolerant and insightful. Learn how to let go and how to hold on.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Behind every beautiful thing there's been some kind of pain. Bob Dylan - Not Dark Yet

No comments: