Sunday, November 30, 2003

And this little piggy went waa waa waa all the way home

Well, not exactly all the way, but there were times when I wanted to. I had my gallbladder taken out Tuesday, November 25th so things have been a wee bit sore-ish the last few days. But, I'm not sick anymore! I can handle sore knowing it is going to go away WAY better than I can being sick 24/7. The surgery went fairly well. I have way more pain than I anticipated due to having adhesions all the way up to my gallbladder from the appendectomy gone awry. And, when I came to in my room (having no memories of recovery room or traveling from point A to point B to point C) I was hurling, which is nothing new, I always do that after anesthesia. Except this time it was bright red blood. Imagine if you will a highly drugged person seeing this. Come to find out they tore something in my nose when they put the NG tube down it during the surgery and my nose had been bleeding the entire time down my throat. GAH-ROSS! And scary to see coming up! Thanksgiving dinner was good for everyone else! I wasn't able to eat more than a couple of bites that day. And that was only white meat turkey, green beans, some sweet potatoes and roll since I am on a low-to-no fat diet for a while. But, I'll gladly sacrifice this Thanksgiving because now I know that the rest of them will be enjoyable. This morning I started sneezing. That wasn't a lot of fun. I think I popped a few stitches loose before I got it under control. OUCH! I may have also invented a few new words. My belly button is some rather interesting hues of blue and black and green. There are 5 lovely new soon-to-be scars added to my collection. And the worst thing? I can't drive for at least 2 weeks! ARGH!!!! Fortunately my mother is here to cart me and the chilluns around. Especially since I can't pick anything up either. Certainly not 32 pounds of wriggling, writhing Willabeast. That child is a buncha handfuls. So, I'm thankful for the help. I will be glad to get my independence back though.

No comments: