Friday, September 09, 2005

the prodigal returneth

You'd think having to spend $500 to get an internet connection faster than 24.6 that they'd get it hooked up quicker'n two weeks. But, no. So... finally! I'm baaack! I have been busier than a one-armed paper hanger lately trying to get this money pit habitable. Yes, still. Yesterday... the washer caught on fire. That was fun. The floor underneath it and the dryer needs to be replaced so we can finish the tile and put the new washer and dryer in but I haven't had any help lately. Well, I guess that's one way to get it done! That's the last major inside project. Then it's on to finish the major outside projects. New siding (well, I gotta a redneck version of that planned) for one. It would help if it would cool off some and make it easier to work outside. At least it finally quit raining. Here a while back we had a big ole flood. I live across the Brazos River from town. It doesn't flood often, but when it does, watch out. Had to drive the long way to town for several days. I'm glad my ancestors had the forethought to build BY the river, not ON the river. These fools' houses get flooded out when it does come up. We just have to make a longer trip to town. I'd rather drive an extra hour than that. I'm just glad it's not New Orleans. It makes me heartsick what is going on down there. Especially as it's my favorite city. I can't even watch the news or talk about it without getting choked up or wanting to choke someone.
I haven't a clue what my new server email is, I don't use them anyways. Anyone wants to email me it's still ninafayeATgmail.com. Anyone wants to Yahoo! me, it's starrytxnights. Anyone wants to call me, either you have the digits or you can get them. Anyone wants to anything else me... well, we'll discuss.

No comments: