Wednesday, July 28, 2004

*insert snazzy title here*

When the weather turns hot, as it does soon and often here in Texas, I rarely drink hot beverages. My dad has always said that if you are hot you should drink something hot and it will cool you down, and if you are cold drink something cold and it will warm you up. I always thought he was full of it. I mean, he is always coming up with insane, backwoods stuff like that and never once has it been credited. However, and forgive me because I forget where I read this, come to find out there has been scientific research done that proves his theory true. Of course, I haven't told HIM that. What brought that tidbit of information on was that the weather has been unseasonably cool and rainy here and I am sitting and drinking a cup of hot chai tea. Mmm. I haven't had any in months and had forgotten how good it is.
I haven't been doing as much posting as I keep telling myself I should here lately. I keep my book blog updated somewhat more frequently, and yesterday I started a flab to fab blog. I also have a livejournal but admit that it is only so that I can post and comment on some of my fave sites there and I don't ever really post anything on it. WHAT in the cornbread hell am I doing with so many blogs if I am not going to actually dedicate any time to updating them? Although, it's not like any one really reads them. They are mostly for my own venting/progress tracking (or lack thereof)/inane rambling. Such as I am doing now.
So, what has been going on lately, you ask? Well, let's see. This summer I've been back home to visit briefly. I thought I was going to get away with not going back for a while, but my Mamaw was dying so I had to get back. I spent another week there that time. The oldest two kidlets have been at their dad's a lot this summer, leaving me and the Willabeast here with not a whole heck of a lot to do. Other than her destroying things, and me cleaning up the messes. My youngest brother came and got my mom after the funeral so she is out in Georgia with him. I talked to her last night and she's ready to come home and wants me to come and get her. Which I would be more than glad to do if Jan (my ex-mil) would hurry up and get the car that she is giving me fixed. Yes, my ex-mother-in-law is GIVING me a car. It's a late 90s model Ford Contour (which oddly enough was mine in the first place, she took over payments when we bought a Grand Cherokee) and is in MUCH better condition than the hunk of shit on wheels that I am currently driving. I'm sure y'all have heard me bitching about not having an a/c and windows that will roll down. NOT a good combination in the good ol' Texas summertime. So, anyways, as soon as she gets some minor little things on the Contour fixed it is mine. Funnily enough, the day she went to buy her new car, the driver side window went out on the one she is giving me. It's like the damn thing KNEW. But, she's a good egg and it getting it fixed. And then I guess I will be road tripping it to Georgia. It's about a 13 hour drive from here. But, I don't mind as it will give me some alone time. I haven't been kid free in about 3 years, other than when I have had the various surgeries in the last couple of years. Those don't count as vacations. My brother wants me to move to Georgia. This will be a good opportunity to check it out and see if it's anywhere I'd want to live. Although, it has to be better than here. But, that's not saying much.
I can't really think of anything else of any interest that has been going on around here this summer. Well, other than the ex and his wife are starting up again with "the kids can come live with us and go to school over here if you think that's ok" bullshit. Yeah, just so you don't have to pay child support anymore. But, let's not get started on that particular rant at this time. It would take more time than I have tea for.

No comments: